Know Step By Step Process for UPSC CDS 2022 Apply Online
Check CDS 2- 2022 Exam Date, CDS Age limit 2022 and More
Important Tips and Examination Pattern
Combined Defense Service (CDS) Examination is a widely published Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) examination conducted twice a year in India.
The fee for this examination is restricted to Rupees two hundred for Men and is completely free for women.
The Application CDS-2(2022) can be submitted online latest by 07 June 2022 The examination will be conducted on 04 September 2022.
We have given the step-by-step procedure to apply UPSC CDS(2) 2022 in the following article.
The most interested (maybe unaware too) fact of the CDS examination is that any individual who has graduated/is about to graduate in regular/part-time/distance mode from any recognized universities can apply.
Different Entry into Various Military institutions
>> Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Permanent Commission
- For Men Only
- One and half years of Training to get a commission
- Any degree.
>> Officers Training Academy, Chennai
- Short Service Commission for a maximum of 14 years
- For Men & Women
- 49 weeks of training to become an officer
- Any Degree
>> Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
- Permanent Commission
- Engineering Degree
>> Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
- Permanent Commission
- Degree from any recognized university(with Physics & Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Engineering Degree
- 74 weeks of Training.
Note: Final year students can apply. However, the Provisional/Qualification certificate in original be submitted during SSB.
How Many Vacancy are there in CDS 2022(2)?
A total of 339 Vacancies are published by Union Public Service Commission for Combined Defence Services Examination(2) 2022.
There are distributed in the following divisions:
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||100|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||22|
|Air Force Academy (IAF)||32|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA)|
| Officers Training Academy (OTA)|
CDS Age Limit 2022(2)
>> For IMA & INA
Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02 July 1999 and not later than 01 July 2004.
Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02 July 1999 and not later than 01 July 2003.
However, the Commercial Pilot License holder’s age is relaxed for up to 26 years.
Unmarried Male & Women candidates born not earlier than 02 July 1998 and not later than 01 July 2004. Issueless widows/divorcees who have not remarried are eligible.
Likely Date of Commencement of Training
- IMA & INA – July 2023.
- IAF – July 2023
- OTA – October 2023
Examination Pattern For CDS Candidates
>> For IMA/INA/IAF
- English (Working Knowledge test) – 2 hours test for Objective types with 100 Marks.
- General knowledge(Current affairs including Indian History & Geography)- 2 hours test for Objective Type with 100 marks.
- Elementary Mathematics (Matriculation Level)(Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration, Statistics). – 2 hours test for Objective Type with 100 Marks
>> OTA Entry
- All exam pattern is the same except there is no exam for Elementary Mathematics.
- There will be a penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate. .33 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty. If a question is blank, i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Note: Until and Unless you(Men candidate only) are keen to join OTA, the candidates preferably appear for IMA to benefit from professional stability in life.
How to Apply for CDS Exam 2022?
1. Go to upsconline.nic.in cds
2. Click on Online Application for various examinations of UPSC.
3. Click on Part-I Registration of CDS 1 2022 Examination.
4. Click on YES once you have read the instructions.
5. Fill in your details based on your Matriculation/SSC/10th Class Secondary School Certificate.
6. Give proper address and communication details. Give only a workable e-mail ID and phone number, and do give an alternate e-mail ID.
7. Please fill up your genuine and authentic details of the Photo-identity card, and its number, and give your choice of preference in numbers for the various vacancies in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Naval Academy.
8. Give your details about the PABT test, your choice of consideration as a ground duty officer in the Indian Air Force, whether a student of a Sainik or Military School, etc. with care and attention.
9. Recheck the application format provided. Write the captcha provided and click on “I AGREE,” and make sure that you will not change any part of the Application.
Looking To Clear SSB In First Attempt?
Get The Best Guidance for your SSB under retired SSB officers who have been part of the Service Selection Board during their tenure. Click Here To Know More Details
10. Observe that you get a message to your registered mobile number and the registered e-mail that you have successfully finished Part-I of the Application
11. Save and download the Part-I successful registration slip.
12. Then, Click and directly go to Part-II of the Application the Registration ID that you got in your mail (or message in your registered mobile) from the UPSC.
13. Enter your Date of Birth and rewrite the new captcha.
14. Making the necessary payment of ₹ 200 (offline mode has to be done by downloading e-challan and paying it at the nearest SBI bank branch, online would be more accessible by Credit/Debit Cards, net-banking is also available).
15. Save the Payment Slip and download it since it contains Transaction ID and Payment status, incredibly important.
16. Click on CONTINUE.
Upload the scanned photograph, scanned signature, and scanned photo identity card as per the instructions given. Write your Aadhar ID Number that is automatically verified by the UPSC website.
17. Select your exam city.
18. Click on I HAVE READ THE DECLARATION – FINALLY SUBMIT.
19. Rewrite the registration ID and date of birth, and captcha in the new tab opened.
20. Download the completed Application note that you get the notification that Part II of this Application has been successful in your mobile and e-mail.
21. Preserve this Application note that admits card.
SSB requires a good amount of preparation to crack various test
This Book will give you a deeper insight into the various stages you would undergo during the 5 days SSB test. Read a Short Review Here
For More, Check the Best SSB Book You Need to Crack SSB in First Attempt
- Training at all military academies is free, along with a stipend of Rs 56100/- pm till completion of the Training.
- The cadets become Lieutenant/Sub Lieutenant / Flying Officer on completion of Training from military academies.
- The early submission of an Application will provide a higher chance for a suitable examination centre.
Which is The Best Book for CDS Preparation?
1. Pathfinder CDS (Combined Defence Services)
Pathfinder CDS Preparation is one of the best CDS books you should consider when preparing for your written test
2. Mathematics for CDS Entrance Examination
Mathematics is a key subject in the CDS entrance examination. Read Our Short Review Here
Q) Is CDS Exam Conducted Twice a year?
A) Yes, the CDS exam is conducted twice a year. Notification of the same is released in the month of “December” and “May”, by the Union Public Service Commission
Q) Can Girls apply for IMA?
A) No. Girls cannot apply for IMA. However, girls can apply for OTA under Short Service Commission and NDA after the 12th (from 2021 onwards)
Q) What will be the age limit for CDS 2 2022?
A) Age limit varies from division to division.
INA has an age limit from 19-22 years
IAF has an age limit of 19-23 years (However, the Commercial Pilot License holder’s age is relaxed for up to 26 years)
IMA has an age limit of 19-24 years and
OTA has an age limit of 19-25 years
Q) How to apply for CDS Exam 2022?
A) You can apply for the CDS Exam 2022 by submitting an online application on the upsconline.nic.in website. Read here for a step by step process to apply
Combined Defence Services(CDS) gives an opportunity for young and energetic candidates to join the armed forces and make their career in either Army, Airforce, or Navy as an Officer.
The above article states all the necessary requirements, age limits, and step-by-step procedures you need to follow in order to fill up your application for the UPSC CDS(2) 2022 examination.
While this is just a first step to joining the Armed forces, you will be requiring a lot of preparation and determination in order to build yourself into a capable officer of the Defence Forces.
You will find a few articles below to help you out in this journey of preparing for CDS.
If you have any queries, feel free to contact us via email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Other Articles You Should Read
- Join Indian Air Force as an Officer through AFCAT, Click Here to Read More
- The Next Step is the Preparation of SSB Efficiently and Effectively, Here is a Complete Guide on How to Prepare for SSB
- An Engineering Graduate? Get More information on How to Join Army After Engineering