Joining as an Army Religious Teacher with the JCO Rank is always a better career in the present times because this gives financial stability and a respectable lifestyle in the Army.
It’s also an opportunity for the service personnel between the age of 25 years to 34 years to change their job profile through remastering and become Junior Commissioned Rank.
The Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) at the age of 25 with the annual salary package of 6 lakhs in the initial period and continued to receive all facilities including promotions is the best option to the persons who know the Army.
Table of Contents
What is JCO Religious Teacher?
Religious Teachers preach religious scriptures to troops and conduct various rituals at Regimental/Unit religious institutions.
The mandir parade is one of the very important and compulsory parades from the Commanding Officer(CO) to the last man of the unit.
Special prayers are organized whenever any special occasion like religious festivals, raising day of the unit under the Religious Teacher
Their duties also include attending funerals, ministering to the sick in hospitals, reading prayers with the convalescents, visiting soldiers undergoing sentence, giving special religious instructions to the children and enlisted boys besides attending generally to the religious institutions and welfare of the Officers and Soldiers.
The Religious Guru is the most sought individual in the Army units due to his diversified responsibilities such as his role of counselor and psychologist for the soldiers who have stressed due to various job commitments
If you are a true religious teacher and like soldiering, then becoming a Religious Teacher is the best option in the present circumstances.
The basic conditions to join the Army that the aspirants should have requisite physical and mental stamina to live in peaceful location as well as field locations.
Indian Army is extended this entry to the serving personal of the defense force and civilian counterparts.
Hence, the selection procedure is tough but those looking forward to joining the Army will definitely achievable aim for those to understand and follow under mentioned details.
Indian Army Religious Teacher Eligibility 2021
An individual applying under the Indian army religious teacher scheme should have a minimum education qualification of graduation (in any discipline) from a recognized university
And should also have a qualification in the specific religious denominations given in the further article.
Born between 01 October1987 and 30 September 1996 (or age between 25 to 34 years)
In general 160 height and 50 Kgs weight is required (Height & weight relaxation for Gorkhas is always applicable to any entry of Defense Force).
>>Medical Fitness Standard and Physical Stamina
No relaxation for both medical and physical general standards due to job profile and transfers during service.
- A candidate should have a robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having a minimum 5 cm expansion
- Should have normal hearing with each ear, should have a sufficient number of natural teeth, i.e. 14 dental points with healthy gums.
- The candidate should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins, or piles
Indian Army Religious Teacher Vacancy 2021
Vacancies with additional mandatory religious proficiency released from the Army Headquarters for course serial No 91 to 95 as under:
|Sr No||Category||Vacancies||Edu Qualification|
(Hindu Religious Teacher)
|171||Acharya in Sanskrit/Shastri in Sanskrit with a one-year diploma in “Karam Kand”|
|2||Pandit(Gorkha) for Gorkha Regiments||09||Acharya in Sanskrit/Shastri in Sanskrit with a one-year diploma in “Karam Kand”|
|3||Granthi (Sikh Religious Teacher)||05||Sikh candidates with ‘Gyani’ in Punjabi|
|4||Maulvi (Sunni) (Islam Tescher)||05||Muslim candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic Alim in Urdu|
|5||Ladaki Muslim (Shiv) Teacher||01||Muslim candidates with Maulvi Alim in Arabic Alim in Urdu|
|6||Padre (Christan Religious Teacher)||02||Ordained priesthood by the religious authority including local Bishop|
|7||Bodh Monk(Mahayana) for Ladakh scouts||01||Should have possession of Geshe (Ph.D.) of Khanpa or Lopon or Rabjam with proper certificate from Monastery|
Note: The vacancies generally depend on the present day requirement. It can vary due to the retirement of the service personnel.
Steps to Apply Online for Graduate Religious Teacher
The online registration will start from 11th January, 2021. Following are the steps to apply as a graduate religious teacher:
1. Visit the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
2. Click to Apply Online on the home page in JCO/OR enrollment row
3. Fill the online registration form
4. After filling in the details, your profile will open
5. Click on Apply Online
6. As per your eligibility, the options with the caption “Apply Online” will appear. Click on the button to apply and details filled in during registration will come as prefilled.
7. Fill in the balance details on each tab like contact details and education details etc
8. After filling the form, click on preview and check if all the information entered by you is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving.
9. Candidates can log in by using the e-mail id and password and can take the printout of the application form at any time.
10. Once the registration closes on the last day, the system will generate RollNumber for eligible candidates.
11. Applicants are advised to check the profile on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for obtaining Roll Number
12. Admit Card is generated when the rally is scheduled.
13. Applicants are advised to check the profile on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for admit card.
Note: Last Date for Registration is 9 February, 2021
Selection Process for Indian Army Religious Teacher
1. Screening Test
Candidates who will fit the stated eligibility will be issues with Admit Card and will be called for initial screening test.
>> Document Verification
The screening test will involve checking of original documents, including:
- Character certificate by Sarpanch of the Village or authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Domicile/Resident/Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Original Certificate from matriculation onward and detailed mark sheet of each year separately pertaining to educational qualification.
- Son of Servicemen/Ex-servicemen, Son of War Widow/Son of Widow ( certificate in original, if applicable)
After checking of your original documents, you will undergo the Physical and Medical examination.
>> Physical Test
For clearing the Physical examination, a candidate should be able to pass the following run 1600m in 8 minutes
If you are physically unfit or looking to increase your stamina, you can follow these simple exercises to prepare yourself for the Physical fitness test
>> Medical Test
Candidates will undergo medical tests according to the medical standards give above at a respective military hospital.
>> Written Examination & Interview
Candidates who would pass the screening test would undergo written test which would comprise of objective type of question.
There will be two papers you have to clear, under the Indian army JCO religious teacher examination scheme:
Paper-1 (General Awareness)
- Total Questions: 50
- Marks per Question: 02
- Negative Marks: -0.5
You can refer to our recommended general knowledge books to help you crack the exam with good marks and avoid rejection.
These books contain a number of questions and practicing everyday till your exam day will help you gain an extra edge
Paper-2 (Religious Dominations)
- Total Questions: 50
- Marks per Question: 02
- Negative Marks: -0.5
- Candidates need to qualify the Paper-1 with at least 40% of marks in order to be accessed for Paper-II
- Paper-1 is only for qualifying purposes and the final merit list will only be based on marks obtained in Paper-II and the interview
- Candidates should at least obtain 50% marks in order to qualify for the interview
Training For Indian Army Religious Teacher
Selected candidates will undergo 6 weeks of basic training at BEG and Centre, Kirkee
This will be followed by 11 weeks of training which will be specific to your religious denominations which you would have applied in your application at Institute of National Integration (INI) Pune
After successful training, you will be commissioned as a Religious teacher with the rank of Naib Subedar in the Indian Army
Joining the Indian Army as a Religious Teacher with a rank of Naib Subedar or direct Junior Commissioned Officer is one of the most satisfying jobs due to its diversity and ethos of the Army
The above article states the eligibility and step by step procedure to apply for the Indian army as a religious teacher.
Candidates from civil, as well as in-service, can apply under this scheme and take the opportunity of getting the rank, respect, and the responsibility of JCO as a religious teacher in the Indian Army.
Other Articles You Should Read
- Having General Awareness is a key importance to crack interviews, get the best general knowledge to books to ace your competitive exams
- An Engineering Graduate? Get More information on How to Join Army After Engineering
- How a Soldier can become An Officer In The Indian Army. Know About the ACC, SCO & SL/RO Entries