Indian Army is offering young and energic male veterinary doctors to be part of its primary role to safeguard the Nation.
The Indian Army has more than 5000 dogs, 1500 horses & 5000 mules, and several military farms.
In addition, The Indian Army Remount Veterinary Corps is responsible to impart training to the handlers and animals as per the operational and logistic requirements of field and peace service requirements.
The recently completed graduation in Veterinary Science or experienced veterinary doctors has a golden opportunity to join the Army as an officer as a short service for five years at least.
Table of Contents
Benefits and Responsibility as a RVC Army Officer
>> This opportunity will enhance professional competency and personal growth.
>> Eligible candidates can apply for RVC which stands for Remount Veterinary Corps; it handles breeding, rearing, and training of equines(horses) and canines for army units.
>> It also provides animals for the president’s cavalry unit.
>> The Army officers are never restricted to their professional tasks only.
Hence, they will get unlimited & unending professional experience, and personal satisfaction while associating with soldiers who surrounded them.
>> Your five years and beyond in the Indian Army will definitely enhance professional competency and personal satisfaction.
I strongly recommend exploring this opportunity especially the young who are willing to go the extra mile in life should apply for becoming an army officer in the RVC.
2021 Eligibility to Join Remount Veterinary Corps
1. Age limit: 21 – 32 years as of 18 November 2021.
2. Minimum Qualification: BVSc/BVSc & AH degree from any of the recognized universities in India.
3. Internship: Internship certificate from last served establishment.
4. Merit list: will be prepared based on Performance in SSB
>> Last date of submission of the application is 18 November 2021
How to Apply Remount and Veterinary Corps (RVC)
It’s a very simple and offline formality which are compiled with an attachment of the following documents with self-attested copies:
1. Aadhar Card
2. Self-attested photograph pasted on the application.
3. Two self-addressed stamped envelopes.
4. Matriculation certificate(as proof for date of birth)
5. Original/provisional BVSc/BVSc & AH degree along with final marks sheets.
6. Internship completion certificate.
7. MVSc & Ph.D. certificate along with mark sheets(for anti date seniority).
8. The application should be filled in CAPITAL LETTER only
The application should be forwarded to the following address by Registered /Speed Post.
DIRECTORAL GENERAL REMOUNT VETERINARY SERVICE(RV-1)
QMG’s Branch, Integrated Headquarters of MoD(Army)
West Block 3, Ground Floor, Wing No 4
RK Puram, New Delhi – 110066
How to Get Selected in Indian Army Remount and Veterinary Corps
SSB Interview will schedule after scrutiny of each application by Dte Gen Recruiting, IHQ of MoD(Army)
Remount Veterinary Corps Method of Selection
The RVC officers will require to face many challenges such as man management under extreme conditions in addition to taking care of animals.
He will also be tasked with various coordination for the army’s logistic and administrative requirements in the field and peace environment.
Hence, all those applicants seriously interested to join RVC should know and prepare for SSB as same as other defense aspirants.
Although you have adequate knowledge about your academics, SSB will test your general knowledge about current affairs, sensitive issues about man-management, etc. In addition following aspects of leadership traits & leadership principle will be checked by SSB:
1. Behaviour (Attitude)
1. Know your job
2. Know yourself & strive for your improvement
3. Keep your men informed
4. Know your men and attend to their welfare
5. Set a personal example
6. Ensure accomplishment of tasks
7. Train your men
8. Make timely and sound decisions
9. Seek Responsibility
10. Employ Command according to ability
11. Accept your responsibilities to your action
Since you are well educated, mature, and balanced due to education and experience, Hence, there is no extensive preparation is required
However, you should be well aware of the overall activities/procedures of SSB.
Activities at SSB
Stage I: A screening test
Stage II: Psychology,GTO & Interview
Stage III: Medical
Terms & Conditions
- Appointed as Captain with pay matric of level 10(B) @ above 10 lacs as annual income.
- 12 months/24 months ante-date seniority will be given for higher qualified officers on commissioning.
- Minimum of five years service and subsequently Five more years.
- The permanent commission will be given based on professional performance if the officer joined the Army before completing 30 years of age.
Animal health care pertains only to the Army as it maintains an inventory of animal support services comprising of Horses, Mules, mine hunting and sniffer Dogs, milk Cows/ Buffalos.
Mules and Dogs form an integral part of fighting formations in field areas for support.
Animal health is taken care of by the vets of Remount Veterinary Corps – RVC. There is no inter-service posting and remain with the Army throughout the service.
There is numerous professional experience that can be obtained during field and peace posting in various areas of India.
You will get a peaceful and enjoyable life with your family in the Army Cantt during peace posting and be genuinely respected in all areas the doctor performs.
Lastly, life in the Army is unique, inspiring, worthful to you, your loved one, your friends & the environment.
So, I strongly once again suggest you opt to join the Army at least for five years and Army will take care of your rest of life.